Tuesday, 25 September 2012

What you can hear at lunchtime.....?

Hello! While the titles are getting no better, the suggested quotes from friends and family (and gerbils - at least when I was researching quotes, Pippin and Indie were jumping around and squeaking, so I think they might have had something to say. Sadly, I don't speak much gerbil, and all I could make out was "Sad..... donkey says.....rose, okay?") are pouring in. However, I have a high standard, so none are in. So for this quote I have resorted to keeping my ears open in the hope of picking something up. And... unlike most of my plans,  IT WORKS! (Cue jumping round screaming with Rose, the only one who will put up with it) The funny quote today is from a couple of friends of mine - Kitty and Alexia. I was sitting, eating lunch and chatting to Sorrel and Rhona when these words came floating over.... Believe me it took me ages to process. Also, it's more weird than funny, so if you are looking for something normal, just skip it.

Quoter xx



Funny Quote:

Kitty: Does anyone else feel like an ood while eating spaghetti?
Alexia: Meeeee!
    ~ My friends at lunch ~

(Thank you, guys! By the way, please check Alexia's blog - SconeHeart)


Thoughtful quote:
Getting over a painful experience is like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go to move forward.
       ~ C. S. Lewis ~

I like this quote because it is true, and because it is, like monkey bars, moving on something I am absolutely terrible at. I like to dwell in the past, so I need to learn from this.  Yay......... So, anyway, circling back to topic. It's always hard to let go, but I think it's important. Very VERY important, in fact. If you can't let go of someone or something, then you can't enjoy your life as much as you should. I don't mean forget them, but let them rest at the back of your mind.

So, that was my advice for a while. I will try and find more cheerful quotes in future. I feel down today, as yesterday was really bad... I was in the Lake district over the weekend, and left my luggage there, along with homework. My teachers were really nice, but the doesn't stop stress. Plus my friend Tay was missing, so if you're out there GET BETTER... Alexia really misses you too.....

Ah, well. That's enough moaning. If I'm not careful, I'll end up becoming unfocused enough to hear 'Gangam Style' (Is that the right spelling?) in the back ground,

Help!

Quoter xx

1 comment:

  1. Hello, firstly, I love your blog! Secondly, your thoughtful quote is really true and your comment about it is extremely insightful. Thanks for sharing your thoughts as they helped me, too... though I've never been much good at using monkey bars!!

    ReplyDelete